Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Some things to keep in mind for maintaining legacy hardware compatibility.
Future OA versions may support these better, in several ways:
- Shader hacks by commands commented out by a prefix for special parsing, such as //PCXHACK, //RAGEHACK
- There will be more care taken with new shaders
3dfx Voodoo Edit
- The maximum texture size is 256x256. While OpenArena uses a lot of 512x512 and 1024x1024 on some occasions, the card will rescale it to 256x256 on load. This can lead to quality loss.
- 16-bit color only.
- Bloom doesn't work.
PowerVR PCX2 Edit
- You can not specify any blend modes on this card.
- If you want something opaque, it has to be a 24-bit RGB texture (TGA, JPG).
- If you want something alpha blended, it has to be a 32-bit RGBA texture (TGA)
- You can modulate alpha in 4-bit precision. Fade outs will look choppy.
- Very sensitive to polygons, so when _2 .md3 LoDs are made, they have to be really low for this card to perform well
- Can't blend lightmaps, so it has to play with vertex lighting.
- The maximum texture size is 256x256.
- The MINIMUM texture size is 32x32. A high picmip will yield graphical artifacts.
- PowerVR's MiniGL do not support glArrayElement so things will not render. The only MiniGL known to work is Techland's.
ATI Rage Pro Edit
- Notoriously slow at alpha blending, so try to substitute additive where you can instead.
Nvidia RIVA 128 Edit
- Poor precision in multiply blending