Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Since it is so hard to find a truly Open Source FPS, here's a list which should clear things up:
Real Open Source ShootersEdit
- FreeDoom - everything modified BSD.
- Nexuiz - everything GPL (However, the tradmark and engine were relicensed for commercial use)
- Xonotic - Everything GPL (Based on Nexuiz source code after reliscencing)
- Open Quartz - everything GPL.
- Red Eclipse - Based off Cube 2 engine, under zlib, content under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike.
- Terminal Overload - code under MIT license, content under Creative Commons Attribution
- Tremulous - engine GPL, content mostly Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike.
- TUER - code source under GPL, artworks without licence
OSShooters somewhere betweenEdit
- Cube - Partly open source engine (network code is not, neither is the content)
OpenSourceEngine but closed contentEdit
These games use an Open Source game engine and/or gamecode, but the content is only free as in beer, not freedom in the true sense of the word; they are effectively more like freeware games.
- Sauerbraten aka Cube2
- World of Padman
- Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
- Smokin' Guns
Freeware (Non Open Source)Edit
We'll just list them, as they are not important for our project:
- Americas Army
- F.E.A.R Combat
- War Rock