Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
OA486 (also called "OAPro") is a fork of OpenArena designed for the competitive player community and even lower end systems.
It is in the planning stages. Plans include:
- Textures no more than 16x16 or 32x32 and that's only for the effects
- Map textures don't exist, they're .shader files with defined colors
- Low-fi sounds, OGG compressed, 22KHz
- Vertex-light friendly
- Extremely low poly, untextured models
- Additive, alpha, multiply and subtractive blend functions are avoided - alphatest effects only (increases compatibility with more older hardware that wasn't designed for the engine)
- Auto-download defaults on
- One player model, though many head models. No females planned yet
- Target machine: Lower-end Pentiums, and high-end 486s, with Voodoo hardware.
- Target size: 10mb or less
- Protocol 68 used
No release date set.