Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mod description Edit
DeFRaG is a particular and popular mod designed for Quake III Arena. It goes away from the standard gameplay because your goal is not to frag (kill) other players, but to complete hard courses by using advanced techniques that require great control skills. Strafe jumps, rocket jumps... and much more. It relies on purposedly-designed maps. It features additions to the HUD, to help users learn the techinques (you can find videos on Youtube that will help you). It features both "Vanilla" (standard) Q3 physics and "CPM" (ProMode) physics -that allows more tricks; see also Game physics#Vanilla and CPM physics-.
It's hard and not very suitable for casual gamers, but can be addictive for skilled players.
Just copy it in your openarena directory.
Compatibility chart Edit
|Works||Mod Version||OA Version||Notes||Operating System|
|Yes||1.92||0.7.1||Missing Lightning gun texture because the Lightning gun is not used at all in DeFRag, thus not needed.|
|Yes||1.92.01||0.8.5||\df_demos_UICompatibility "1" to see the demo files in the "demos" menu|
Download mirrors Edit
- Download Defrag files (latest version checked at July 2013 is 1.91.22 (dated March 2013))
- DeFRaG downloads (up to 1.91.12; note: version 1.90 is a bigger file, it probably contains some maps)
- More DeFRaG downloads (up to 1.92.02 - Note that 1.92.x branch may be at "beta" stage)
- Download section of breakdown-hq.com - 1.91.20 download
- Downloads page with links to many map packs downloads
- Search for DeFRaG downloads at Quakeunity.com
- mDd Quake3 Defrag Database - Q3df.org, a community of Defrag Players
- Quake 3 DeFRaG Center - Breakdown-hq.com
- StaR*DeFRaG Server Records - L!ve*Clan DeFRaG
- Former official site - year 2004 (internet archive)
- Former official website - year 2005 (internet archive)
- DeFRaG page on Wikipedia
|<< Previous (CorkScrew)||ModCompat||(Excessive Plus) Next >>|