| Bid For Power|
Golden Hammer Software
Mod description Edit
Bid for Power is a Total Conversion designed for Quake 3 Arena, that completely changes the game. It features huge outdoor maps, thirdperson view, characters that fly and do not use weapons, but evergy attacks thanks to their own "ki" (aura, spirit energy or how you want to call it), and melee combat if needed.
The mod was initially designed using Dragon Ball Z characters and locations, but copyright issues forced them to retool it, removing DBZ references and creating brand new characters. Unofficial packages that allowed to add back DBZ-related stuff were available on the net.
A variety of fan-based alternatives were made, such as English BFP and Bid For Speed.
Just copy it in your openarena directory.
Client side: it seems you have to manually activate the mod in the mods section of the game menu before joining a server running bfpq3, otherwise you will get kicked from it.
Compatibility chart Edit
|Works||Mod Version||OA Version||Notes||Operating System|
|Yes||1.2||0.7.1||Online support works ! Didn't found the map with missing textures ...||GNU/Linux Debian Testing|
|Mostly||?||0.6.0||Online support in question (one map misses some textures)||?|
Download mirrors Edit
1.0 - 1.1Edit
- 1.0 Installer (EXE) (GameFront)
- 1.1 Patch (ZIP) (QuakeUnity, 4 MB)
- 1.1 Patch (EXE) (QuakeUnity, 3 MB)
- DragonBall Z Model Pack at FilePlanet
- Bid for Power Mappack by Kit Carson, three maps: kitnamek, kitcapsule, and kitroom. (QuakeUnity, 16 MB).
- Official site
- Former official site on PlanetQuake (Wayback Machine, Internet Archive)
- Bid For Power at ModDB
- Bid for Speed mod (adds "speed" and "stealth" gameplay modes): Bid for Speed site on Moddb
- ↑ 1.2 is the final mod version for Q3A/OA. There's also a standalone version, with version numbers starting from 2.0: a fork by third-party developers named English Bid For Power Final, but that one does violate Q3 SDK license.
|<< Previous (BFG10K Arena)||ModCompat||(CPMA) Next >>|