FPS Words to knowEdit
- afk - Away From Keyboard, self-explanatory
- brb - Be Right Back, this is how you tell someone you'll be returning shortly.
- g2g/gtg - Got To Go, this is a polite way to let someone know that you are leaving.
- gg - Abbreviation for Good Game.saw that it was not on YouTube, so I had to put it on because it is so awesome! I did fi
- lol - Laughing Out Loud, when someone has said something funny
- n00b, newb, or newbie - Someone new or inexperienced at playing the game.
- n1 - Nice One, referring to a well placed shot.
- ns - Nice shot.
- rofl(mao) - Rolling On the Floor Laughing (My Ass Off).
- w8 - Wait, asking another player to pause his/her action for a moment.
- Chatfrag - Often this is not well received among players. A chatfrag occurs when player A has halted his actions in-game and is typing a message and Player B deliberately shoots Player A for easy winnings.
- Clan - A group of online gamers who fight together regularily.
- Frag - The term used when you kill an opposing player.
- Lag - When a poor network connection occurs and the player experiences sluggish game-play.
- Spawn - Respawn, the point where the player will re-emerge after having been slain. Also applicable to items (weapons, power-ups)...
- Wiki - A collaborative website comprised of the collective work of many authors.
Weapons abbreviations (look also : Weapons manual)Edit
- G - Gauntlet
- MG - MachineGun
- SG - ShotGun
- GL - Grenade Launcher
- RL - Rocket Launcher
- LG - Lightning Gun
- RG - Rail Gun
- PG - Plasma Gun
- BFG - Big F****** Gun
- NG - NailGun
- CG - Chaingun
- Prox - Proximity Mines
Items abbreviations (look also : Items manual)Edit
- RA - Red Armour
- YA - Yellow Armour
- MH/Mega - Mega Health/100 Health poweup
Gametypes abbreviations (look also : Gamemodes manual)Edit
- CA - Clan Arena
- CTF - Capture the Flag
- DM - DeathMatch (same as FFA)
- FFA - Free For All, also referred to as DM (Death Match)
- TDM - Team DeathMatch
- TN - Timenudge
Techniques abbreviations (look also : Tehniques manual)Edit
- CJ - Circle jump
- CSJ - Circle Strafe Jump
- OB - OverBounce
- PJ - Plasma Jump
- RJ - Rocket Jump
- SJ - Strafe Jump