Please use the forum for reporting bugs in the game.
Do NOT use the "Report a problem" area for this!
Welcome to OpenArena
It aims to be a free software clone of Quake III Arena, retaining it's gameplay while replacing the propietary content with brand new free (as in freedom, again) content. OpenArena is released under GNU General Public License v2.0 (GPLv2).
It features many gametypes including the traditional deathmatch and sports a varied cast of characters. Due to violent and occasional racy content, it's unsuitable for children under the age of 17.
Current version: OpenArena 0.8.8
Information for Players
- FAQ / Troubleshooting
- OpenArena Gamer's Manual, a good place to start if you are new to the game, or if you want to learn something more
- OpenArena Tutorials (thedimi.net)
- Release history
- Wikipedia article about OpenArena
- Server setup and listings
- Videos from OA
- ModCompat, compatibility with non OpenArena-specific Mods
- Tweaking OA
- Tweak#Tweaking online gaming parameters
- OpenArena Clan Roster
- The official OpenArena forums
- OpenArena Developer Blog
- Protopage about OA
- Blackwood's OpenArena Gaming Community
- Official Twitter
- OpenArena.TuxFamily.Org, a community for french speakers
- OpenArena Argentina, a community for argentinean players
- Arena Warriors, a community for italian speakers (forum). They used to run OpenArena Italian Portal, but they suffered domain squatting in november 2011, and moved on to ArenaWarriors domain.
- OpenArena Group on Steam
Read this first
- Suggested good practices as art direction is important and shared agreement on licensing is the way to go for free software
- What we can't do
- Mapping resources & tutorials - Including: how to map, configure GTKRadiant under SOs, advanced mapping tutos and more.
- Graphics resources & tutorials
- List of missing sounds
- List of missing textures
- List of missing textures and shaders of Q3 and TA maps
- Music proposals for OA
- Character ideas
- Artwork related with the game - Promote OpenArena, place a banner on your site!
Coding-wise & other stuff
- Coding resources & tutorials
- Suggestions for OpenArena
- List of known bugs
- pak0.pk3 - Files
- OAX - OpenArena eXpanded (gamecode -game logic- beta versions available to test as a mod)
- OpenArena Expanded on googlecode - Update list (gamecode running change log)
- OpenArena SVN
- WebSVN Repository Subversion - OpenArena (track changes, file by file, revision by revision)
- OpenArena sources (see also OpenArena: Source code on main site): 0.8.8 Gamecode, 0.8.8 Engine (corresponding to these binaries).
Other versions: 0.8.5 Gamecode, 0.8.5 Engine (corresponding to these binaries).
More engine versions here (including unstable test versions; it's advisable to refer to the forums.).
- OA on Debian
- Other FOSS Shooters
- Some reviews of OpenArena
- WikiWorks - Also this Wiki site needs work! Here you can request a missing page or can see how you can help expanding the site, creating or fixing a page needed by someone else! It contains some tips about how to work in this wiki, too.