Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
MD3 is a model format developed by id software.
It can support a very high amount of polygons.
It uses float precision for vertices, so the wobble is almost completely invisible.
It supports multiple surfaces on one mesh.
It supports tags, a feature where you can dynamically attach entities onto vector points. OA uses this to make independently turning torsos and heads on most characters, as well as placing the weapon in the hands, animating a static weapon model, and showing a muzzleflash.
Import Plugins Edit
Please expand this section
Export Plugins Edit
Blender 2.4X Edit
< insert links to latest export script here >
How do I export md3s in Blender? Edit
- You can use the script found here. A few notes
- All scripts must be copied to the scripts folder
- To export an animated md3 you MUST load the md3 export script in the text editor then run it. Also you must select the last frame of animation your model has too
- Tags are made from empties.
- Work with your objects in 0,0,0 origin as much as possible. Moving them will cause the tags to be misaligned in export.
an alternative exporter/importer based on the previous -> import/export ( which is more up-to-date ).
- A tutorial about exporting to MD3 from Blender (using this md3 exporter script).
- MD3 file format on Wikipedia
- Description of MD3 format
- Chess III Arena. A chess game that uses md3 character models taken from OpenArena. If you own a copy of Quake III Arena, you can use its models instead of the ones from OpenArena.